One major question asked about K to 12 is “Who will teach Senior High School?”
Senior High School (SHS) involves the core curriculum that is much like the general education courses in the tertiary level. It also involves the teaching specialized topics and skills per track which would require expertise on the part of the teacher.
The Department of Education (DepEd) is intent on filling those positions and has called for aspiring teachers and professionals to consider careers in teaching at the SHS level in time for the 2016-2017 school year.
The DepEd has opened positions for part-time and full-time positions. The basic requirements include:
- Letter of intent which shall indicate the following information:
- Statement of purpose/expression of interest
- Track(s)/Strand(s)/Subjects(s) applying for
- Preferred school(s), if any
- CSC Form 212, Revised 2005 (Personal Data Sheet) in two (2) copies with the latest 2×2 ID picture
- Certified photocopy of certificates of relevant specialized trainings, if any
- Certified copy of Voter’s ID and/or any proof of residency
- National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) clearance
- Omnibus certification of authenticity and veracity of all documents submitted, signed by the applicant
Additional certification requirements are needed for those considering full-time, technology, vocational and livelihood, arts and design and sports tracks.
For the full list of requirements and details, check out the DepEd SHS Bulletin